Thursday, January 11, 2018

Book Review ~ The Goodbye Bride by Denise Hunter ~ 1/11/18

 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
25891528
 
Blurb:
 
She only remembers loving him. But he can’t forget the way she left.

Following a concussion, Lucy Lovett can’t remember the last seven months of her life. She doesn’t remember leaving her fiancé Zac Callahan weeks before their wedding or moving to Portland, Maine. And she sure doesn’t remember getting engaged to another man. All she remembers is loving Zac more than life itself.

It’s taken Zac months to move on after Lucy left him with no explanation. He’s thrown himself into his family’s farm and his restaurant business in Summer Harbor. Now Lucy’s back, vulnerable, homeless, and still in love with him. She needs his help putting the pieces together, but letting her back into his life is a risk—and the stakes are high. If he follows his heart he’ll win back the love of his life. But if her memory returns he’ll lose her all over again.
  

My Thoughts:
 
I've now read the whole "Summer Harbor" series, but not in the right order :)  I read the last book first and then the first book and then the second book.  And I loved them all!
 
Basically, anytime I read a Denise Hunter novel, I can count on it being a good read.
 
I absolutely adored all three of the Callahan brothers.  I don't think I could pick a favorite if I wanted to.  Luckily, I don't have to pick.
 
I loved the storyline of this book.  I got to know a bit about Zac in book one of the series and was really excited to read more about him.  I was intrigued by the fact that Zac had no clue where Lucy went or why she left.
 
The book starts out with Lucy having absolutely no idea where she is and has lost 7 months of memory.  So, even she didn't know why she left Zac!
 
I was very excited to find out the where's and why's.
 
I'm a bit sorry to have read the last book set in Summer Harbor but I'm feeling very accomplished at having gotten my hands on all three novels and finishing the entire series :)
 


For the Biblical "Way of Salvation" please see my header or click HERE.
 

Linking up to:  Share Your Cup;  Grandma IdeasLiteracy Musings and Saturday Situation, Booknificent. Party at My Place , Saturday Review of Book , Book Nook, Hearts for Home, The Monday Review, Homemaking Party,  Favorite Things


1 comment:

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.